Heavy Early Morning Activity On Exelon (EXC)
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Exelon (EXC) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Exelon as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EXC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $292.8 million.
- EXC traded 829,341 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:49 AM, representing 10.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXC NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on EXC: Exelon Corporation, a utility services holding company, is engaged in the energy generation business in the United States. It operates through nine segments: Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, New England, New York, ERCOT, Other Regions, ComEd, PECO, and BGE. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. EXC has a PE ratio of 17.6. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Exelon a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.The average volume for Exelon has been 7.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Exelon has a market cap of $31.8 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.13 and a short float of 3.4% with 3.03 days to cover. Shares are up 35.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Exelon as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EXC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- EXELON CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EXELON CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.00 versus $1.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.36 versus $2.00).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry. The net income increased by 2350.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$4.00 million to $90.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.90, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.74 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV