BETHESDA, Md., June 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Renaissance Hotels ( www.renhotels.com), a hotel brand known for inspiring its guests to Live Life to Discover ®, will host its third annual Global Day of Discovery on June 26 th at more than 150 of its hotels around the world. On this day, nearly every Renaissance Hotel will celebrate by offering both hotel guests and the local community the opportunity to get out and discover something new by hosting exclusive musical, culinary, art or culturally focused events and unique local excursions designed by hotel NAVIGATORS to showcase the unique stories of each destination. For a complete list of events, visit www.renhotels.com/events.
The Day of Discovery celebration officially kicks off Renaissance Hotels' Summer of Discovery calendar, a summer-long program of exclusive events at all 157 hotels around the world designed to help travelers experience the best discoveries of the season. Now, it's easier than ever for travelers and locals to plan their calendar by visiting Renaissance Hotels' dedicated events website at www.renhotels.com/events. Renaissance Hotels' robust line-up of ongoing and Sumer of Discovery events will be updated in real time as new experiences are unveiled by each hotel.
"We make a promise to our hotel guests that every time they step into a Renaissance Hotel they are inspired to discover and experience something new and meaningful," said Toni Stoeckl, Vice President for Renaissance Hotels. "Celebrating our Global Day of Discovery is just one way that we encourage guests to Live Life to Discover by inspiring travelers and locals to make the most of their time in a destination by visiting a new local art gallery or listening to an emerging musician perform in one of our hotel lobbies."A sampling of events taking place around the world on June 26 th includes:
- World famous DJ Cassidy will spin live to celebrate the opening of the new Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel located in the landmark Colorado National Bank Building.
- Passion Pit will help commemorate the opening of the new Renaissance Santiago Hotel with an exclusive DJ Set. The special opening event will also feature a photography exhibit and silent auction with proceeds benefitting the rebuilding of Valparaiso in light of the tragic fires that plagued the city earlier this year.
- Emerging indie rock band Walk the Moon will preview songs from their upcoming album with a live performance at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel.
- Norwegian Grammy winner Thomas Dybdahl will perform some of his hit songs , first at Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel in the hotel's outdoor garden, followed by a performance at the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel in the chic Makassar Bar & Lounge.
- Join the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel to explore Port City, a local micro-brewery, followed by a water taxi ride to the Washington DC area's newest attraction, the Capital Ferris Wheel.
- On the eve of Glastonbury and to kick start the British music festival season, the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel in London is providing guests the opportunity to discover this summer's hottest new band, Hudson Taylor .
- Fashion enthusiasts in New York City will enjoy an Elie Tahari trunk show in celebration of the designer's 40 th anniversary in fashion on Renaissance Hotel 57's rooftop terrace.
- Renaissance Nashville Hotel kicks off the "Hero Behind the Hits" series with a performance and discussion with award winning songwriter, Gordon Kennedy , who has penned hits for the likes of Eric Clapton, Carrie Underwood and Faith Hill.
- Depart the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel to discover the history of the Big Easy during a cocktail walking tour to experience some of the French Quarter's most famous bars and restaurants, followed by a performance from local jazz artist Kristin Diable and The City at the Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel.
- Guests of Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa will visit the Walled City of Lucca, one of the world's most magnificent and intact Renaissance-era city walls.
- The Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel will explore the hidden gems of Old Cairo by inviting guests to discover the charm of the Citadel, a medieval Islamic fort near the center of Cairo, famous for its grand views of the city.
- Curacao's best local fashion designers and musicians will come together to showcase their talents at the Island Music and Fashion Festival at the Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino.
- The Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa will feature Chicago based Artist Patrick Skoff , best known for "The Art Hunt," where selected works are hidden around the city for guests to discover via social media clues.
- The Renaissance Sao Palo Hotel will unveil never before seen work of famed local graffiti artist Conrado Zanotto set to live music in the hotel's lobby lounge.
- Guests are invited to the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel's premier Stargazing Event, a guided exploration of the cosmic ceiling with members of the Amateur Astronomers Association of Pittsburgh (AAAP) on the hotel's rooftop.
- As soccer (or football) takes the summer stage, join the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel to participate in a mini competition during an outside BBQ with live music and live viewing of soccer games to compete for fabulous prizes.
- The Renaissance Shanghai Caohejing Hotel will provide insider access to the Shanghai Museum of Glass where guests can experience the magical, colorful, sparkling and crystal-clear world of glass featuring interactive and live demonstrations.