NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), the ICT solutions and international communications business within the NTT (NYSE:NTT) Group, announced today that the Asia Submarine-cable Express (ASE) will be extended to Cambodia to provide reliable, high-capacity communication infrastructure for the increasing number of multinational companies operating in the Mekong region.
The extension is based on an agreement that NTT Com has reached with Chuan Wei (Cambodia) Co. Ltd. Under the agreement, NTT Com will lay Cambodia’s first submarine optical fiber cable.
The ASE will provide highly reliable, high-capacity communications connecting Cambodia and other countries in the Greater Mekong Subregion with major locations elsewhere in Asia, including Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan. The arrival of the ASE also will enable NTT Com to provide local customers with even higher quality Internet network services.
NTT Com continues to upgrade and expand its global submarine-cable infrastructure, including through introduction of a 100 Gbps optical transmission system incorporating digital coherent technology. In addition, the company is expanding its number of ASE connection points and Nexcenter global data centers in Southeast Asia to provide high-quality network, data center and cloud services in end-to-end one-stop solutions.The ASE submarine cable is routed away from the Bashi Channel and the south coast of Taiwan, areas that frequently experience earthquakes and typhoons. The ASE also takes the shortest route of any submarine cable connecting Japan to Hong Kong and Singapore.
ASE Fast Facts
|Total length:||Approx. 7,800 km|
|Design capacity:||15 Tbps or above|
|Landing stations:||Japan, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong|
|Participants:||NTT Com, Telekom Malaysia, PLDT and StarHub|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV