5 More Cities Abandoned By Professional Sports
Rochester is not a bad place to be a sports fan. You're not altogether that far from Buffalo and the NHL's Sabres and NFL's Bills, you're not too far removed from Division 1 college sports in Syracuse and your minor-league teams -- the Minnesota Twins' Triple-A Red Wings and the Sabres' AHL Amerks -- are pretty decent. Even their women's soccer team, the Western New York Flash, has a title under its belt and national team standouts in Abby Wambach and Carli Lloyd.
But this town used to have so much more. From 1920 to 1925, it was home to the Rochester Jeffersons of the National Football League. They looked more like a glorified pickup game than a professional team and, thus, were fairly terrible. They won exactly two games against NFL opponents and were winless from 1922 to 1925. When they failed to sign superstar Red Grange, who went to the Chicago Bears instead, they folded.Also see: 5 Cities Abandoned By Professional Sports
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV