Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) today announced actions to align its investments and organization to better serve growing demand for its products across Asia-Pacific.
“As populations and incomes across Asia continue to rise, diets are evolving. With that shift comes an increase in demand for crops and other products from agriculture. For decades, ADM has connected the world’s harvest with the Asian market,” said ADM Chairman and CEO Patricia Woertz. “Now, we’re taking a series of actions to enhance our ability to efficiently serve that growing demand.
“As we previously announced, we’re investing to grow our food and feed production with the addition of two production facilities in China. We’re also making enhancements to our ports and logistics coordination throughout the Asia-Pacific region, and we’re adding and aligning talent to support growth. Together, these actions will strengthen our ability to serve our customers in the region and improve coordination between our operations within Asia and around the globe.”
Investing to Grow Asian OperationsLast month, ADM announced that the company is building a sweetener and soluble-fiber manufacturing complex at the port of Tianjin in North China to help meet growing demand in China and Asia for high-quality food ingredients that can serve a wide variety of needs. The sweetener facility is expected to be fully operational in early 2015, with the soluble fiber facility operational in the second half of 2015. ADM announced last fall that the company is constructing a facility in Nanjing to produce animal feed premix that can be added to animal rations to promote good health and optimal growth. Such premix formulas typically contain vitamins and minerals, amino acids such as lysine and threonine, and other ingredients. The facility is scheduled to begin operations in mid-2015 and will complement ADM’s existing feed premix plants in Dalian and Tianjin.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV