NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Restoration Hardware (RH) stock is spiking in extended trading after recording better-than-expected earnings and sales in its first quarter ended April and upping its guidance for its full year. After the bell, shares added 11.8% to $79.75.
In its first quarter, the company earned 18 cents a share, 7 cents higher than what analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters anticipated. Revenue of $366.3 million was 21.6% higher year over year and beat estimates of $347.7 million.
The home furnishings retailer increased its fiscal 2014 guidance to at least 20% revenue growth, representing around $1.86 billion to $1.89 billion, and earnings of $2.24 to $2.30 a share. Analysts estimated revenue of $1.85 billion and earnings of $2.20 a share.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. ------------------------ Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates RESTORATION HARDWARE HLDNGS as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate RESTORATION HARDWARE HLDNGS (RH) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RH Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV