3 Stocks Pushing The Electronics Industry Lower
At the close, Orbit International ( ORBT) was down $0.05 (1.7%) to $2.90 on light volume. Throughout the day, 200 shares of Orbit International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.90-$2.91 after having opened the day at $2.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.95. Orbit International Corp. designs, manufactures, and sells electronic components and subsystems, and commercial and custom power units. The company operates in two segments, Electronics Group and Power Group. Orbit International has a market cap of $13.1 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 13.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Orbit International as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on ORBT go as follows:
- ORBIT INTERNATIONAL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, ORBIT INTERNATIONAL CORP reported poor results of -$0.59 versus -$0.03 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1227.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.08 million to -$1.06 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, ORBIT INTERNATIONAL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ORBIT INTERNATIONAL CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.87%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -21.21% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.86 million or 161.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV