3 Stocks Pushing The Retail Industry Downward
2. As of noon trading, Wal-Mart Stores ( WMT) is down $0.47 (-0.6%) to $76.15 on light volume. Thus far, 1.6 million shares of Wal-Mart Stores exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $76.15-$76.74 after having opened the day at $76.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.62. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. operates retail stores in various formats worldwide. The company operates through three segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International, and Sam's Club. Wal-Mart Stores has a market cap of $248.2 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Wal-Mart Stores a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Wal-Mart Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Wal-Mart Stores Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts