NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Petrobras-Petroleo Basilier (PBR - Get Report) was gaining 2.1% to $15.62 Wednesday following reports that Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff's lead is narrowing before the country's Oct. 5 election.
According to Bloomberg, a recent Vox Populi showed that Rousseff maintained 40% support. Senator Aecio Neves of the Brazilian Social Democracy Party has 21% support, up from 16% in April. The Bovespa Index gained 1% following the poll, bringing up several Brazilian stocks such as Petrabras.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- PETROBRAS-PETROLEO BRASILIER's earnings per share declined by 43.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PETROBRAS-PETROLEO BRASILIER's EPS of $1.70 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $1.70. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.61 versus $1.70).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $3,981.00 million or 46.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 40.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $3,854.00 million to $2,280.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PBR Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts