NEW YORK, June 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) today closed on the sale of $1,300,000,000 Floating Rate Notes due 2017 and $2,000,000,000 1.35% Notes due 2017.
As described in the Prospectus Supplement dated June 4, 2014, and posted at http://www.verizon.com/investor/secfiling.htm, net proceeds from the sale are primarily intended to repay certain borrowings under a term-loan credit agreement, dated Oct. 1, 2013, as well as for general corporate purposes.
The underwriters, including four minority, women and veteran-owned firms, were: Barclays Capital Inc.; J.P. Morgan Securities LLC; Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC; Citigroup Global Markets Inc.; Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated; Blaylock Beal Van, LLC; CastleOak Securities, L.P.; Drexel Hamilton, LLC; and Muriel Siebert & Co., Inc.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, with more than 103 million retail connections nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers in more than 150 countries. A Dow 30 company with more than $120 billion in 2013 revenues, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of 176,900. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.VERIZON'S ONLINE NEWS CENTER: Verizon news releases, executive speeches and biographies, media contacts and other information are available at Verizon's online News Center at newscenter.verizon.com. The news releases are available through an RSS feed. To subscribe, visit newscenter.verizon.com/corporate/feeds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV