- Mylar, other types of balloons and all objects should be kept away from overhead power lines and other utility equipment. These objects can become entangled in lines and cause an outage.
- Keep balloons tethered and attached to weights at all times.
- Properly dispose of Mylar balloons by puncturing the balloon to release helium that otherwise could cause the balloon to float away.
- NEVER touch a power line. Do not attempt to retrieve a balloon, toy or other type of debris that is entangled in an overhead power line. For assistance, call PECO to report the problem at 1-800-494-4000 so our crews can remove the item safely.
- Always assume power lines are energized and keep yourself, your belongings and anything you are carrying at least 10 feet away from power lines.
PECO Reminds Customers To Stay Safe During Outdoor Celebrations And Keep Mylar Balloons Away From Power Lines
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.