WILLISTON, Fla., June 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- DIXI Foods International, Inc. (OTC: DIXI) has acquired KCI Investments, LLC. KCI builds and operates a growing, multi-brand chain of fast casual restaurants, currently under two franchise brands: Capriotti's Sandwich Shops and Papa John's ( Papa John's International: NASDAQ: PZZA).
Headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and incorporated in 2004, KCI currently:
- operates 12 franchised Capriotti's Sandwich Shops in: Clark County, Nevada; Dallas/Fort Worth; Texas and four counties in Southern California, and
- has numerous additional Capriotti's and Papa John's locations in various stages of development.
KCI currently has exclusive development areas for Capriotti's Sandwich Shops in all of Dallas/Fort Worth and its Southern California markets ( Orange County, San Diego County and parts of Los Angeles County), and is committed per various franchise agreements to build 99 locations. KCI and also has the exclusive rights to develop Papa John's in trade areas stretching from Fresno to north of Sacramento, California, and is committed per its agreement with Papa John's to build 24 locations over a two-year period.
Additionally, KCI Investments recently signed an agreement in principal with celebrity chef Alex Stratta to jointly develop, open and operate various restaurant and other food-service concepts. Stratta was the first "Iron Chef", having played the role of Iron Chef Italian on the television show Iron Chef USA, and has been nicknamed the "Italian Scallion". KCI Investments anticipates opening the first of three different restaurant concepts within the next year, and also anticipates expanding such concepts in the future with KCI Investments as the operator or the franchisor.DIXI, a Florida corporation, currently is a development stage company founded in 2010 and headquartered in Williston, Florida. Under the terms of the acquisition, KCI's owner, KCI Holding I LLC, received 96% of the shares of Dixie Foods International, Inc. outstanding after the acquisition. DIXI now has 42,514,976 shares outstanding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV