NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Bancorp
(TBBK - Get Report) shares are down dramatically, -30.3% to $11.29, after the bank entered into a Stipulation and Consent to the Issuance of a Consent Order with the FDIC.
The order became effective on June 5 and requires the bank to correct the weaknesses in its Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program.
Analysts at BTIG and Sterne Agee both downgraded the bank's shares to "neutral" from "buy" today following the news.
"Insofar as our bullish thesis on TBBK was based in large part on growth generated by the launch of new prepaid card programs, we are moving to the sidelines for now until we gain more clarity on when the restrictions on the company may be lifted," said analysts at BTIG.
The bank entered into the consent order without admitting or denying FDIC charges of unsafe banking practices.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for BANCORP INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.32%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TBBK's net profit margin of 0.55% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$135.83 million or 7501.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TBBK Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts