ROSWELL, Ga., June 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kimberly-Clark Health Care today announced that it has been named a winner of the Practice Greenhealth 2014 Champion for Change Awards, recognizing the company as an exemplary member of the sustainability-minded healthcare supplier community. Kimberly-Clark Health Care was honored for its dedicated work in recycling, education and giving back to those in need.
The Champion for Change Awards honors businesses in the healthcare industry that take steps to improve their organization's green practices and help their customers expand their sustainable practices. The awards are reserved for organizational partners supplying healthcare products and services that are considerate of Earth and its resources. As a winner of this award for the second year, Kimberly-Clark Health Care has achieved success in greening its own organization and has also assisted others who are committed to improving their environmental performance.
"It is a great honor for Kimberly-Clark Health Care to be recognized for our excellence in sustainability practices for a second year," said Chris Lowery, Vice President, Global Sales and Marketing, Kimberly-Clark Health Care. "We are privileged to have a dedicated team at Kimberly-Clark Health Care who demonstrate their commitment to greening our organization and assist others in improving their environmental performance."
Kimberly-Clark Health Care was recognized for several environmental initiatives including:
- Recycling – Kimberly-Clark Health Care's Blue ReNew sterilization wrap recycling program reaches hospitals throughout the United States and Canada, bringing another life to this product. The program helps hospitals organize the process of recycling their wrap by connecting the facilities with local plastics processors for a sustainable program. To date, there are 143 hospitals actively recycling sterilization wrap through the Blue ReNew Program with an additional 257 hospitals engaged and pending start-up.
- Education – Adding to its offering of educational programs, Kimberly-Clark Health Care partners with suppliers, hospitals and recyclers through the Healthcare Plastics Recycling Council (HPRC) to create the HospiCycle toolbox. The toolbox provides nurses and other healthcare professionals with tools to maximize hospital recycling systems. Additionally, the HPRC team works with several hospitals to develop case studies of recycling measurements and opportunities.
- Giving Back – Through its partnership with MedShare, Kimberly-Clark Health Care sponsors more than 55 forty-five foot containers of medical supplies and equipment to hospitals in need throughout Latin America.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV