Regions Bank (NYSE: RF) today announced that David Smith is the June 2014 recipient of the Regions Bank Better Life Award. Smith is the Batesville City President and Market Manager for Clarksdale, Senatobia and Oxford, Miss. The Better Life Award is the top honor given to a Regions associate for outstanding dedication and job performance, as well as exemplary involvement and commitment to the community.
David Smith, recipient of the Regions Bank Better Life Award (Photo: Business Wire)
In addition to the recognition, Regions donates $1,000 in the name of the recipient to a charity of the winner’s choice. Smith has chosen the Alabama-Mississippi Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, a group dear to his heart because of his mother’s ongoing 30-year fight with the disease. A video profile of Smith is available on the Regions Financial YouTube channel.
Smith serves on the Board of the Alabama-Mississippi Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. He has raised more than $50,000 for the group over the past two years. In October 2013, Smith organized dozens of Regions associates across North Mississippi to participate in a service day benefitting people living with multiple sclerosis. The associates cleaned up, did home repairs, painted and performed other daily tasks that people living with multiple sclerosis may not be able to do on their own.
The service day gained media attention across Mississippi and is now being used by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society as an example of how corporations can contribute more than monetary donations.“I know that money will someday lead to a cure for multiple sclerosis,” Smith said. “But most people living with multiple sclerosis might not live to see that cure. What can we do for them today? Clean their house, mow their yard or change a light bulb. You’d be amazed at the difference it will make for them.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV