Micron Technology (MU) Leads The Pack In Pre-Market Activity
- MU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $609.6 million.
- MU traded 204,660 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM.
- MU is up 3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MU: Micron Technology, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets semiconductor solutions worldwide. MU has a PE ratio of 11.4. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Micron Technology a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Micron Technology has been 28.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Micron Technology has a market cap of $31.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.83 and a short float of 10.8% with 5.48 days to cover. Shares are up 33.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Micron Technology as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MU's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 97.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 317.85% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 141.59% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MU should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.00 versus -$1.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.06 versus $1.00).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 355.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$286.00 million to $731.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Micron Technology Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.