ZEELAND, Mich., June 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In 2013 Herman Miller introduced Living Office, an enlightened and more human-centered framework to approach contemporary office design. Continuing the company's legacy of leadership in the design of the modern workplace, Living Office addresses wants and needs that are fundamental to all humans, while adaptive to the unique purpose, character and activities of individuals and organizations. Ultimately, Herman Miller's Living Office seeks to inspire and enable a more natural and desirable workplace, fostering greater connection, creativity, productivity, and prosperity for all.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/7242951-herman-miller-brings-living-office-life-new-insights-tools-furnishings
Building on the momentum of its Living Office launch, this week Herman Miller unveiled new tools, information, and dynamic new furniture designs to help organizations achieve their own Living Office.
The Power of PlaceIn a Living Office, place acts as a powerful expression of an organization's unique culture and a strategic tool to realize its ambitions. The guiding design principles start with those factors that are fundamental to all humans; and because all individuals and companies work differently, diagnostic tools then focus on those qualities that are unique to each.A Human Experience Fundamental to All Living Office begins with an understanding of what all people intuitively seek in a workplace. To create offices where people and the business can prosper, Herman Miller believes organizations must develop spaces that balance the experiences and motivations of individuals and groups, as well as their cognitive and physical needs. The Living Office tools for modeling the human experience also account for the natural interaction of these dimensions. Human Motivation Herman Miller has identified six key work motivations, informed by independent experts and the company's own primary research, and considers each in relation to the individual, group, cognitive, and physical experience.
- Security: People desire health, safety, familiarity, and competence.
- Autonomy: We naturally seek freedom in our actions and decisions.
- Belonging: Humans want meaningful connection to others.
- Achievement: We strive for excellence and take pride in our accomplishments.
- Status: We want recognition for our contributions.
- Purpose: People want to make a meaningful difference.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV