- The Suburban Dad-- 2015 Chevrolet Suburban: The Suburban offers enough towing capacity to haul the family boat and enough passenger and cargo room to ferry the whole T-ball team.
- Performance Patriarch-- 2014 Dodge Durango: With enough room for kids and tons of cargo, the Durango also has dad-certified performance courtesy of an available Hemi V-8 engine.
- Adventure-Seeking Dad-- 2014 Ford Expedition: Roomy and rated for heavy-duty towing, the Expedition even comes with an optional pin-striping package so you can match the color of whatever toy you are hauling.
- Sports Coach Dad-- 2014 Subaru Outback: A Cars.com parent favorite. There's never been a time in recent history when less than three Cars.com editors owned an Outback. This wagon is fun to drive and capable of hauling the entire family and their sports gear.
- Audio-Loving Pop-- 2014 Acura MDX: A good all-around family car that is also capable of rocking out once the kids have been dropped off thanks to a top-of-the-line sound system that includes surround sound.
- Low-Tech Dad-- 2014 Subaru Impreza: The Impreza boasts excellent visibility, a hatchback to carry the kids and isn't burdened with touch-screens or unnecessary tech. Plus, with all-wheel drive, it can get out on the roads regardless of weather conditions.
- Turbocharged Dad-- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 S AMG Wagon: Wagons have long been a favorite among families, but the E63 S AMG Wagon is on a whole other level. This $100,000+ wagon boasts an unbeatable 577-horsepower, twin-turbocharged AMG-tuned V-8 engine stuffed into a sensible, family-hauling wagon.
- Off-Roading Dad-- 2014 Ford SVT Raptor: Perhaps one of the least practical (but most fun) cars on the list, the SVT Raptor is sure to give dad a thrill thanks to its off-road capability so dad can experience the excitement of flying over unpaved ground.
- Go-Kart Dad -- 2015 Mini Cooper S Hardtop: For the dad who likes to go fast, but hates the back pain that goes with a sporty car, the Mini Cooper Hardtop is tons of fun without the punishing drive of this model's earlier generations.
- Playful Pop-- 2014 Porsche Boxster: Cars.com's Play Car of the Year, the Boxster certainly can't haul the family, but it can leave dad alone with his thoughts, the wind and up to 315 horsepower of fun. Starting at just over $51,000, it also won't crush the bank compared with some other sports cars in the category.
Cars.com Lists Great Rides For Great Dads For Father's Day
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.