CHICAGO, June 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used cars, has released a list of its editors' top cars for dads, just in time for Father's Day. The list is comprised of cars big and small, practical and not-so-practical, each offering a fun ride for every kind of dad.
"As Father's Day approaches, there are many deserving dads who might not be in the right car, truck or SUV," said Joe Wiesenfelder, Cars.com's Executive Editor. "We've canvased our editors here at Cars.com to determine which cars they would dream of for their perfect Father's Day gift. They aren't all practical, but they are sure to make dad forget that tie you gave him last year."
Great rides for great dads, ranked from most to least practical, are:
- The Suburban Dad-- 2015 Chevrolet Suburban: The Suburban offers enough towing capacity to haul the family boat and enough passenger and cargo room to ferry the whole T-ball team.
- Performance Patriarch-- 2014 Dodge Durango: With enough room for kids and tons of cargo, the Durango also has dad-certified performance courtesy of an available Hemi V-8 engine.
- Adventure-Seeking Dad-- 2014 Ford Expedition: Roomy and rated for heavy-duty towing, the Expedition even comes with an optional pin-striping package so you can match the color of whatever toy you are hauling.
- Sports Coach Dad-- 2014 Subaru Outback: A Cars.com parent favorite. There's never been a time in recent history when less than three Cars.com editors owned an Outback. This wagon is fun to drive and capable of hauling the entire family and their sports gear.
- Audio-Loving Pop-- 2014 Acura MDX: A good all-around family car that is also capable of rocking out once the kids have been dropped off thanks to a top-of-the-line sound system that includes surround sound.
- Low-Tech Dad-- 2014 Subaru Impreza: The Impreza boasts excellent visibility, a hatchback to carry the kids and isn't burdened with touch-screens or unnecessary tech. Plus, with all-wheel drive, it can get out on the roads regardless of weather conditions.
- Turbocharged Dad-- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 S AMG Wagon: Wagons have long been a favorite among families, but the E63 S AMG Wagon is on a whole other level. This $100,000+ wagon boasts an unbeatable 577-horsepower, twin-turbocharged AMG-tuned V-8 engine stuffed into a sensible, family-hauling wagon.
- Off-Roading Dad-- 2014 Ford SVT Raptor: Perhaps one of the least practical (but most fun) cars on the list, the SVT Raptor is sure to give dad a thrill thanks to its off-road capability so dad can experience the excitement of flying over unpaved ground.
- Go-Kart Dad -- 2015 Mini Cooper S Hardtop: For the dad who likes to go fast, but hates the back pain that goes with a sporty car, the Mini Cooper Hardtop is tons of fun without the punishing drive of this model's earlier generations.
- Playful Pop-- 2014 Porsche Boxster: Cars.com's Play Car of the Year, the Boxster certainly can't haul the family, but it can leave dad alone with his thoughts, the wind and up to 315 horsepower of fun. Starting at just over $51,000, it also won't crush the bank compared with some other sports cars in the category.
To research, price and find the perfect car for you or your dad, visit http://www.cars.com/family.ABOUT CARS.COM Cars.com is an award-recognized online destination for car shoppers that offers information from experts and consumers to help buyers formulate opinions on what to buy, where to buy and how much to pay for a car. Cars.com offers thousands of new and used vehicle listings, expert and consumer reviews, side-by-side comparison and build and price tools, photo galleries, videos, unbiased editorial content and many other resources. As the 2013 " Highest Ranked Third-Party Automotive Mobile Site" by J.D. Power, Cars.com puts millions of car buyers in control of their shopping process with the information they need to make stress-free buying decisions. Launched in June 1998, Cars.com is a division of Classified Ventures LLC, which is owned by leading media companies, including A.H. Belo (NYSE: AHC), Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI), Tribune Company (OTC:TRBAA) and The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO). SOURCE Cars.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV