LOS ANGELES (TheStreet) -- Following a successful soft launch on Monday with an impressive presentation from Sony (SNE), the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo on Tuesday was a resounding success, as thousands of video game enthusiasts packed the Los Angeles Convention Center for the official kick off of E3.
Despite the hot and humid weather, the major gaming companies, everyone from Electronic Arts (EA) to Ubisoft to Activision (ATVI) to Sega, unveiled their best and brightest products for the coming year, showing them off in impressive style. Though E3 has largely centered around what titles are coming out, that hasn't stopped the major console producers -- Microsoft (MSFT) and Sony -- from occupying multi-level spaces with nearly all their newest offerings up for a tryout by users.
No stranger to E3, EA brought its powerhouse sports gaming division, EA Sports, to Los Angeles to show off its 2015 lineup. The list includes titles from FIFA, NHL series, and the crown jewel of its new games, EA Sports UFC. The game, touted as one of the best combat sports games of all time, is set to take EA Sports to the next level with its user experience and custom modes of game play. Developed in conjuction with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the game is painstakingly detailed and realistic. Fighters were brought in to capture movements and styles while other details of the combat sports (including the much debated violence) create an almost pay-per-view feel in your console. While much of this year's E3 highlighted the hardware of the current age, the biggest story is the immense attention paid to actual game content, story and user experience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV