NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Receptos
(RCPT) shares exploded in market trading on Tuesday, climbing 36.7% to $39.94, after reporting positive results from the phase 2 study of its oral relapsing multiple sclerosis treatment RPC1063.
The trial met its primary endpoint of reducing the number of MRI detected number of total gadolinium-enhancing lesions from the 12th week - 24th week of treatment.
An estimated 2 million people suffer from multiple sclerosis with more than half of them residing in the United States and Europe.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV