WEST CHESTER, Pa., June 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kelly Ripa is shopping to save lives as she fills up her bag with designer deals that will contribute to the cure for ovarian cancer. Ripa, one of the most renowned hosts in morning television, will appear in both the print and television public service announcements promoting " QVC Presents Super Saturday LIVE" on QVC Saturday, July 26 at 2 PM (ET) , to benefit Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF).
A longtime supporter of OCRF's unique "designer garage sale" in the Hamptons, Ripa, who is best known as the co-star of "LIVE with Kelly and Michael," will once again serve as its host. Currently in its 17 th year, Super Saturday will air live on QVC during the " QVC Presents Super Saturday LIVE" broadcast to take viewers inside the prestigious event.
"Super Saturday is a powerful demonstration of the ongoing relationship between OCRF and QVC," said Claire Watts, CEO, QVC, U.S. "Each year, we unite with OCRF to help them gain greater support for their important research and expand access to their innovative patient support program, Woman to Woman. Working on this initiative with OCRF aligns with our charitable mission to support the success and wellness of women through the power of relationships."
QVC began broadcasting from the exclusive Super Saturday sale in 2006 to help bring the fun and excitement of the event to more than 100 million U.S. households. Viewers are offered premier fashion, beauty, jewelry, accessories and home items for HALF the manufacturer's suggested retail price* with 80 percent of the purchase price** of donated merchandise benefitting OCRF."Being involved with this event for almost 10 years now, and watching it grow, has been an incredible experience," said Ripa. "It is truly a feel-good event because it allows women to splurge and spoil themselves while simultaneously supporting such an important cause."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV