PARK RIDGE, N.J., June 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation ( NYSE: HTZ), the world's largest general use airport car rental brand, is offering the year's top electric vehicle according to Fuel Economy Guide, the 2014 Chevrolet Spark, at its San Francisco and Los Angeles airport locations, as well as Hertz local facilities throughout California. According to the 2014 Fuel Economy Guide released by the EPA and Energy Department, the 2014 Chevrolet Spark electric vehicle is the most fuel-efficient vehicle. The subcompact car achieves miles per gallon equivalent to 119 combined, 128 city and 109 highway.
"Hertz is constantly looking for opportunities to improve and grow our sustainability efforts and we're excited to offer this year's most fuel-efficient vehicle for rent," commented Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and CEO. "In addition to Hertz's EV program and Green Traveler Collection, environmental sustainability is integrated throughout the Company, from our car wash process to the way we build our rental locations. Having a selection of leading electric vehicles in our fleet gives customers a valued selection of smart mobility option when renting."
The Chevrolet Spark is just one of Hertz's many Smart Mobility rental choices, which includes electric vehicles, hybrids and car sharing. Smart Mobility is part of the company's sustainability roadmap to reduce the environmental impacts of driving, without compromising convenience or customer needs. The goal is to help make smart, sustainable mobility a viable, global reality by giving customers and communities access to, and the experience of, driving greener rentals.
The Hertz EV program provides customers global access to EVs. The program has grown from a vision to a market reality in more than ten cities and three continents, offering a diverse fleet of EVs from manufacturers like Nissan, GM and Tesla.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV