Update (4:25 p.m.): Updated with Tuesday market close information.
But the stock plunged in the afternoon after TheStreet's Adam Feuerstein wrote CEO Joseph Kim is trying to curb expectations for the soon-to-be-announced results from its phase II study of its DNA vaccine VGX-3100 in women with cervical pre-cancerous lesions.
The stock closed down 13.36%, or $1.44, to $9.34. More than 11.3 million shares changed hands, which surpassed the average volume of 1,521,180.Must Read: Inovio CEO Preps Retail Investors for Drug Study Failure STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. For more on this story, read Feuerstein's article here. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV