NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU - Get Report) are up 1.71% to $45.76 as the Vancouver-based technical athletic apparel company reportedly could be a takeover target, according to industry speculation, the Globe and Mail reports.
Industry sources familiar with Lululemon said it's not for sale and it's not involved in talks to divest the company, the Globe and Mail noted.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Growth Stocks
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 14.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- LULU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.26, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $183.53 million or 9.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 9.98%, LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 87.76%.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- LULU's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 45.66%, which is also worse than the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LULU Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts