Some investors say the buyout hype is overdone. Just because multiple companies were interested in Idenix, they argue, doesn't mean they will purchase less attractive competitors -- especially after their stocks have run up on acquisition hopes.
@JoeyBagadonuts Going long much on nothing concrete to drive it up besides....rumors ? All rumors usually end up in the same place. DOWN ? TraderX82 (@TraderX82) Jun. 10 at 12:09 PMBut many think an acquisition is in the offing for the two companies. Sentiment is 97% bullish on Inovio and 90% bullish on Achillion, according to StockTwits' analytics. >>Read More: Sozzi: 3 Mysterious Things Now Happening at Chipotle Allstate Continues Profit Ride With Teen-Monitoring Driving App Porsche Electric vs Tesla: And the Verdict Is... Super Mario Gabelli of Gamco Is King of M&A, as Hillshire Deal Shows At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV