NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- At a time when online marketing companies such as Yodle and ReachLocal are focusing more on growing big enough to become publicly traded companies, HigherVisibility is mainly focused on helping over 200 local enterprises and small businesses make money through specialized outreach techniques based on sophisticated SEO strategies.
TheStreet spoke to HigherVisibility Managing Partner David McElveen about the seven ways smaller enterprises can use the power of SEO to enhance their overall sales revenue.
1. Don't Reinvent the WheelIt isn't prudent to invest in costly analytics tools for examining your online presence. A simpler way to optimize your resources involves using the many free analytics and Webmaster tools on sites run by Google (GOOG), Yahoo! (YHOO) and Microsoft's (MSFT) Bing. "It's important to get the hang of what kind of foot traffic you're getting, and how it impacts your business," David McElveen said. 2. Enhance User Experience Based on Analytics Results Once these analytics are in place, you'll find these search engine platforms show unique snapshots of how potential customers and target stakeholder groups are engaging with your organization. Understanding these patterns will give a fillip to your search engine rankings by growing your business organically and guiding strategies aimed at driving meaningful conversations that draw in more users. 3. Identify Key Influencers for Your Brand David McElveen underscores the power of social media in facilitating sustainable relationships with key industry thought leaders who have enough online traction to boost your online visibility. "It's just like a hiring scenario," McElveen said. "You would be more likely to recruit a candidate who has been referred by a trusted friend or colleague. In the same vein, linking your content strategically with brand leaders who will be more inclined to recommending your product or service is a better way of expanding your customer base."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV