BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Investors in search of healthy gains in 2014 need look no further than health care stocks. As a sector, health care is outpacing the rest of the broad market this year, besting the S&P 500 by a full point year-to-date on average. But the average gains are just the tip of the iceberg. Hone in on strongest performers, and the numbers look far more impressive.
Health care stocks are home to some of the most exciting, fast-moving opportunities on the market. Yesterday's acquisition-driven 229% pop in shares of Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX) is a perfect example of that. When is the last time you saw a buyout premium that big get dumped into a billion-dollar name?Acquisitions are hard to get in front of, of course. But there are still some big trading opportunities popping up in a handful of health care stocks this week. To find them, we're turning to the technicals. For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Toxic Big Pharma Stocks You Need to Sell Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV