Societe Generale SA (SCGLY) said Molson Coors' net cash flow of $149.7 million puts it in a good position to purchase MillerCoors from its joint venture with SABMiller (SBMRY) if Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) proceeds with a takeover bid for SABMiller, according to Blooomberg.
"We rate MOLSON COORS BREWING CO (TAP) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 456.25% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 31.77% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- MOLSON COORS BREWING CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MOLSON COORS BREWING CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.02 versus $2.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.29 versus $3.02).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Beverages industry. The net income increased by 473.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $28.50 million to $163.40 million.
- 44.53% is the gross profit margin for MOLSON COORS BREWING CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 20.02% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TAP Ratings Report