NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Spherix
(SPEX) are up 6.93% to $1.85 on the news its NNPT subsidiary commenced patent litigation against three U.S. based units of Huawei Technologies.
The NNPT complaint alleges that Huawei, a Chinese networking company, infringed on five patents assigned to NNPT, which were developed by Nortel Networks (NRTLQ).
Last month, Spherix commenced patent litigation against Juniper Networks (JNPR), alleging it also infringed on five patents it owns that were developed by Nortel Networks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV