NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Burlington Stores
(BURL) shares are climbing, up 5.6% to $29.75, in early market trading on Tuesday following the release of the company's first quarter earnings results.
The discount clothing retailer saw same store sales grow by 2.7% during the period while posting an EPS of 25 cents per diluted share, 212.5% better than it posted a year ago.
Revenue was also up, 5.9% over the year ago period, to $1.13 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV