Each day, more than 41,000 blood donations are needed in the United States. With no substitute for human blood, those in need rely on the kindness of volunteer donors. To raise awareness and inspire action about the importance of blood donation, Nexcare Bandages, in partnership with the American Red Cross and America’s Blood Centers, announce the sixth annual Nexcare give program.
The 2014 Nexcare give campaign encourages people across the country to roll up a sleeve and “give” in honor of the World Health Organization’s World Blood Donor Day on June 14. This year’s collection of limited-edition bandages, each adorned with the word “give,” are inspired by artistic movements including: impressionism, abstract art, contemporary art, pop art and street art, to demonstrate this year’s theme, “The Art of Giving.”
“Every year, our goal is to inspire more people to give and to raise awareness about the ongoing need for blood donation,” Tara Menzies, Nexcare Brand, Consumer Health Care Division. “Through the sixth annual Nexcare give program, we are reminding Americans that giving blood is a simple and effective way to help save lives. We hope blood donors will wear their Nexcare give Bandages with pride and encourage others to get involved.”
The free, limited-edition Nexcare give Bandages will be distributed at American Red Cross and America’s Blood Centers donor centers and blood drives throughout the week beginning Monday, June 9, leading up to World Blood Donor Day on Saturday, June 14. Nexcare give Bandages will also be available for free by mail, while supplies last, by visiting Nexcaregive.com.“It is crucial that eligible donors continue to support blood donation and donate as often as they are able, while also encouraging others to give,” said Richard J. Benjamin, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer, American Red Cross.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV