A new survey released today by Chase Card Services reveals that millennials are more likely than older travelers to seek out hotels with luxury services such as dry cleaning (32%), massage or spa services (30%) and pet-friendliness (23%). Furthermore, the survey shows millennial travelers are more likely to say it’s a ‘deal breaker’ if a hotel is not near public transportation (19%).
“Millennials are a tech savvy generation that values social connections, convenience and opportunities to indulge in luxuries,” said Sisy Vicente, general manager, Chase Card Services. “This is a generation of travelers that clearly sees the benefit of travel rewards, such as those that come with Elite status in reward programs.”
The nationwide phone survey commissioned by Chase Card Services reached 1,002 travelers (18-67 years old) who stay in a hotel at least five nights per year for business, pleasure or both. Below are some of the key findings from the survey:
Millennial travelers want to make connections – both in-person and via social networks:
- Millennial travelers are more likely than other travelers to want to meet other people staying at their hotel (57%).
- Millennial travelers are more likely (44%) than older travelers ages 35-49 (28%) and ages 50-67 (11%) to seek opinions via social media while researching a prospective vacation.
- Despite having a desire to unplug when staying at a hotel, nearly all millennial travelers post on social networks and share experiences with friends while traveling (97%).
- Three in four millennial travelers post to social networks at least once a day while traveling (73%).
- Millennial travelers (48%) are more likely to say that indulging in luxury services best describes their attitude toward staying in hotels. In contrast, older travelers ages 50-67 are more likely to say that keeping within a budget (72%) best describes their hotel preferences.
- Millennial travelers (19%) are more likely to say it’s a deal breaker if a hotel is not near public transportation. Older travelers ages 50-67 prioritize a hotel's location to landmarks or an airport (42%).
- Millennials are twice as likely (18%) than older travelers ages 35-49 (6%) and ages 50-67 (4%) to prefer Elite status as a benefit from their travel rewards program.
- Among travelers in general, women prefer travel rewards in the form of free flights or nights at a hotel (49% women vs. 37% men) while men are somewhat more interested in points to redeem for travel-related items (35% men vs. 27% women).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV