SAN FRANCISCO, June 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today launched Salesforce Wear, the industry's first initiative for wearable computing in the enterprise. The company also launched the new Salesforce Wear Developer Pack, empowering developers to kick-start their ability to connect companies with their customers through apps for wearables in entirely new ways. In addition, ARM, Fitbit, Pebble, Philips, Samsung and others have joined the Salesforce Wear initiative to accelerate adoption of wearables in the enterprise.
Comments on the News
- "Wearables are the next phase of the mobile revolution," said Daniel Debow, SVP, emerging technologies, salesforce.com. "With Salesforce Wear, companies can now capture the massive opportunity these devices offer to connect with customers in new ways."
- "All of these new devices have different application architectures, UX patterns and data flows," said Adam Seligman, VP, developer relations, salesforce.com. "The Wear Developer Pack handles the identity, secure API access and plumbing necessary to connect the device to the Salesforce1 Platform, letting the developer focus on innovative new use cases."
- "Philips has advanced health sensor technologies for use in wearable devices and sophisticated cloud-based services," said Jeroen Tas, CEO of Philips Healthcare Information Services & Solutions. "We see great promise for our cloud-connected wearable device technologies in the healthcare industry and look forward to working with salesforce.com and its partners on bringing these solutions to market."
- "Wearable technology opens up a new realm of possibilities for the enterprise and we're thrilled to work with Salesforce.com to extend mobile innovation," said Nick Rea, Director of Technical Solutions, Business Innovations Group, Samsung Mobile. "Salesforce Wear will create new mobile solutions that leverage the technology of Samsung Gear devices to help business customers adopt wearables in a meaningful way.
- "Wearable devices represent the next phase of this mobile revolution. Perpetually connected wearables will enable workers, partners, and customers to experience new levels of immediacy, simplicity, and context in their mobile computing experiences. Wearables aren't just a consumer phenomenon; they have the potential to change the way organizations and workers conduct business," wrote J.P Gownder in the January 2014 Forrester Research, Inc. report, "The Enterprise Wearables Journey."
- "ARM ® already provides the architecture of choice for the wearable and IoT markets and it's clear how our scalable and energy-efficient technology is fueling innovation in exciting new application areas," said Krisztian Flautner, deputy general manager, IoT business unit, ARM. "For deployment in IoT enterprise applications, the expertise of companies such as salesforce.com will be vital in helping businesses realize the efficiency, cost and capability benefits that connected, ARM powered technology can bring."
Salesforce Wear: The Next Mobile Revolution in the Enterprise
The dramatic explosion of wearables creates a tremendous opportunity for businesses to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. According to an IHS white paper titled Wearable Technology - Market Assessment, roughly 50 million wearable units will be sold in 2014, and more than 180 million are predicted to sell in 2018. With the massive number of devices coming into market, it is imperative that companies understand how consumers will operate in a hands-free world. Wearables are the future of mobile, and companies can now discover new ways to market, sell, service and more. Salesforce Wear will enable companies to deliver:
- Connected 1:1 Experiences: With a connected wearable, going to a favorite casino, resort or amusement park will mean never having to pull out your wallet, juggle a hotel card key or search for an app. What if it was possible to anticipate needs and give VIP treatment to any visitor? With wearable devices like a wristband seamlessly connected to customer data, destinations can deliver customized journeys for every guest.
- Contextually Aware Sales Apps: Wearables will enable salespeople to be more connected to the digital world while being more present in the real world. Checking a mobile phone or opening a laptop during a meeting can be a distraction. A quick update right from the wrist can provide the necessary information without losing focus.
- Faster, Safer Service Resolution: Customer service will reach a whole new level with the introduction of wearables. Remote service technicians, such as oil rig workers or medical device reps, will be able to access live data, review plans for the equipment they are fixing and get real-time coaching, right from their glasses as they work. And they'll be able to share exactly what they're seeing—completely hands free.
- Platform Built for Endless Possibilities: Developers will be able to create apps that connect wearable devices to any business process. Apps can be built for everything from a "nudge" on a smartwatch when an urgent approval is required, to secure facilities access via a wristband, to encouraging healthy workforces through fitness challenges using fitness tracking devices. The possibilities on the platform are endless.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV