The Board of Directors of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY) has approved an increase in the company’s quarterly cash dividend from $0.17 to $0.19 per common share, an increase of 12%. The change will be effective with the quarterly dividend which, if authorized, would be payable on October 2, 2014 to shareholders of record as of September 11, 2014.
Hubert Joly, Best Buy president and CEO, remarked, “Our decision to increase the amount of cash we are returning to shareholders is indicative of our improved cash position and our confidence in the cash-generating power of our multi-channel business model.”
Best Buy last announced a dividend increase in June 2012, when the Board raised the dividend from $0.16 to $0.17.
Shareholder Meeting Held TodayBest Buy will hold its regular meeting of shareholders today at the Best Buy corporate campus in Richfield, Minnesota beginning at 9:30 a.m. Central Time. A webcast of the call is expected to be available at www.investors.bestbuy.com both live and after the meeting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV