WALLDORF, Germany, June 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP NEWSBYTE -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced enhancements to the SAP® PartnerEdge® program for Application Development, the program enabling partners to capitalize on the business opportunity of building and commercializing standard software applications on top of SAP platforms.
To further support the ecosystem to take advantage of the market opportunity around SAP becoming the cloud company powered by SAP HANA, partners can now develop applications powered by SAP HANA® also in the cloud. SAP has created a simple, quick and cost-effective way for partners to develop applications that leverage the full power of game-changing in-memory Big Data technology from SAP without the need to set up and operate infrastructure. Applications developed in the cloud can be deployed and run on both SAP HANA Cloud Platform and on premise at a customer's site. To develop and test the back-end integration capabilities of applications more easily and rapidly, partners can also leverage pre-configured enterprise resource planning systems from SAP in the cloud, which can be ordered via SAP Store for attractive subscription rates. These enhancements serve to enable even more business opportunities for the partners by simplifying the development stage and shortening time to value.
Further extensions help to unlock more business by offering additional functional as well as go-to-market options:
- Adding the SAP® InfiniteInsight® solution to the program's innovation pack for business intelligence (BI) offers partners additional capabilities to develop predictive analytics applications and tap into the growing customer demand for these types of solutions.
- An extension to the innovation pack for application integration, allows partners experienced in Microsoft technologies to be able to also access SAP ERP via Microsoft Office or other .NET applications and address additional types of business users.
- Partners can now embed SAP technology into their solutions seamlessly under their own brand. This further supports go-to-market and enables partners to provide a complete solution fully self-sufficiently. This option is available for all SAP databases and (BI) solutions, with more solutions planned to be added over time.
"These scope extensions of SAP PartnerEdge for Application Development offer great value to gicom and are perfectly aligned with our strategy. Developing applications in the cloud that will leverage the speed of SAP HANA and seamlessly integrate into existing back-end systems, for example, will help enable a breakthrough step in the buying and negotiation optimization of our retail customers," said Stefan Hilger, CEO, gicom. "With these enhancements, we will become even more productive in building solutions that help our customers maximize business success.""More than 600 partners have added more than 200 applications to the portfolio listed in SAP Store on the SAP HANA Marketplace. These partners continue to give us great feedback on the value of SAP PartnerEdge for Application Development, which helps them maintain a high rate of innovation and their competitive edge," said Bernd-Uwe Pagel, senior vice president, Platform Ecosystem & eChannels, SAP. "With these program enhancements, we support our ecosystem's move to the cloud powered by SAP HANA and increase our partners' choices to grow their business by innovating on top of our platform. Together with our partners, we are thus capable to better serve our customers rapidly evolving needs." To learn more, visit the SAP Application Development Partner Center. For more information, visit the SAP News Center. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews. Media Contacts: Amanda Mountain, +1 (315) 878-2290, firstname.lastname@example.org, EDT Peter Mertens, Burson-Marsteller, +1 (617) 912-5418, email@example.com, EDT Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV