LONDON, June 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SMALL CELLS WORLD SUMMIT -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) and Netas, a Turkish based value-added systems integration and technology services company in the fields of information and communications, announced their collaboration on an LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) macro base station for a new public safety network commissioned by the government of Turkey. Netas has selected TI's KeyStone TM-based wireless infrastructure System-on-Chip (SoC), the TCI6638K2K, for the baseband processing in the solution, while implementing its own proprietary software.
"We were very impressed with the performance of TI's base station technology and appreciated the level of support we received to meet our specifications in very short time frame," said Iskender Serhat Koc, senior software design manager, 4G/LTE/SDR/APCO Mobile Communications, Netas. "By offering us a complete end-to-end solution, TI was the only vendor able to meet the demanding requirements of the application we are working on for the Turkish government's new public safety network."
TI's TCI6638K2K wireless infrastructure SoC leverages the fastest quad ARM® Cortex®-A15 RISC processors and eight of TI's fixed- and floating-point TMS320C66x digital signal processor (DSP) generation cores as part of TI's highly efficient KeyStone II SoC architecture. The TCI66368K2K provides an ultra-high performance base station platform supporting wireless standards including WCDMA/HSPA/HSPA+, TD-SCDMA, GSM, TDD-LTE, FDD-LTE, LTE-A, and WiMAX. TI also offers a broad portfolio of complementary analog components, including data converters; amplifiers; clocks; RF and power management, for designers using the TCI6638K2K and other SoCs in wireless infrastructure applications.
"By selecting the TCI6638K2K Netas is able to leverage their own software investment to enhance the functionality and performance of their LTE-A base station," said Sameer Wasson, general manager, communications processors, Texas Instruments. "This collaboration is particularly exciting for us because it demonstrates TI's commitment to serving a wide range of infrastructure customers as well non-commercial base station deployments."Visit TI @ Small Cells World Summit While at the Small Cells World Summit, visit TI at Meeting Room 8 to learn more about the latest communications infrastructure news, and to check out TI-based demos. For more information please contact Josef Alt, WW Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information:
- Visit the TCI6638K2K product folder
- Visit TI's new small cell website
- Keep up with the latest happenings on the Multicore Mix blog
- Engage with engineers and TI experts on the TI E2E™ Community
- Follow TI on Twitter
- Become a fan of TI on Facebook
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV