NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today I crunch the numbers on six retail-oriented stocks that had significant share price weakness after reporting their quarterly results between May 27 and June 2.
Here are the profiles -- two "crunching the numbers" tables follow.
Diamond Foods (DMND) ($28.85), down 9.8% since June 2, after being up 24% year to date. The company missed analysts' earnings-per-share estimates by 5 cents, earning 11 cents. The stock broke below its 21-day and 50-day simple moving averages at $31.28 and $31.70, respectively, which puts the focus on its 200-day SMA at $26.87.
The weekly chart is negative its five-week MMA at $30.54 and its 200-week SMA at $34.28 which provided resistance in early-April. A quarterly value level is $23.22 with weekly, semiannual and monthly risky levels at $29.79, $32.64 and $34.11, respectively.Fred's Inc. (FRED) ($15.58), down 5.5% since May 27, after being down 11% year to date. The company missed analysts EPS estimates by 3 cents, earning 17 cents. The stock traded as low as $14.54 on May 29, well below its 200-day SMA at $17.26. The weekly chart is negative but oversold with its five-week MMA at $16.57 and its 200-week SMA at $14.44, which held last week. Annual value levels are $10.67 and $9.05 with a semiannual pivot at $15.49 and weekly and quarterly risky levels at $16.16 and $16.98, respectively. Krispy Kreme (KKD) ($16.42), down 13% since May 30, after being down 2.3% year to date. The company matched analysts' EPS estimates, earning 23 cents. The stock traded as low as $15.87 on June 4, staying well below its 200-day SMA at $19.85. The weekly chart is negative with its five-week MMA at $17.61 and its 200-day SMA at $11.16. Semiannual and annual value levels are $15.19 and $12.12, respectively, with weekly and semiannual risky levels at $18.42 and $18.87, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV