HALIFAX, June 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - Fortune Bay Corp. ("Fortune" or the "Company") (TSX: FOR) announces that Jon Legatto, Chief Financial Officer, has resigned from the Company to accept another opportunity. Prior to joining Fortune, Mr. Legatto served as the Chief Financial Officer of Brigus Gold Corp.
Wade Dawe, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Fortune stated, "On behalf of the Board of Fortune, I want to thank Jon for his valuable and extensive service to both Fortune and to Brigus. Jon made a significant contribution to Brigus as CFO and prior to that as VP Finance for the company, and played a leading role during the recent sale of the company. I wish Jon every success in his new position and his future endeavors."
Rob Randall will be appointed Chief Financial Officer upon the departure of Mr. Legatto. Mr. Randall is a Chartered Accountant with extensive financial experience within the public company environment. Mr. Legatto will assist during the transition period.
A bou t Fortune BayFortune Bay is engaged in the exploration and potential development of two primary mining projects; the Goldfields project and the Ixhuatán project. The Goldfields project is a property comprised of 25,685 ha located in northern Saskatchewan and consists of two gold deposits: the Box deposit and the Athona deposit. The Ixhuatán project is located in the northern Chiapas State in Mexico covering 4,176 ha. Fortune Bay Corp. was created as a result of a merger between Primero Gold and Brigus Gold whereby these development stage mining assets and cash were spun out into the new company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV