NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Nothing will work unless you do" -- Maya Angelou
It was not a bad Monday for select stocks. We also saw many new recent buy points hit -- but some of those did fail. We remain very overbought and some consolidation is needed.
We sold quite a few positions and are only holding a few which are coming out of the best bases.
SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) hit $196.05 I've talked about $196 to $198 as the place where resistance should appear. Moving back below $196 was cause for me to begin selling.I'm not looking for short positions, just booking some gains until new buy points emerge over the next week or so. We remain on track for a great summer. SPY didn't do much today, but did print a small top bar today and couldn't hold above $196 so. A small correction looks to be here. A move back to $193 would be ideal, and an area to look to buy again as long as it holds. Have a great day! At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @iTraderz This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff. >>Read More: Twitter Investors Could Still Feel More Pain As Apple Stock Gets Sliced, It's Not Time for Investors to Split Want to Make It as a Stock Analyst? Be One of These 3 Types
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV