FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for May 2014 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
Monthly activities included:
May 2014 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $263 billion in May 2014, 5% higher than April 2014 and 33% lower than May 2013.
- Average retail customer trading volume (1) per day of $12.0 billion in May 2014, 5% higher than April 2014 and 29% lower than May 2013.
- An average of 345,324 retail client trades per day in May 2014, 2% lower than April 2014 and 31% lower than May 2013.
- Tradable accounts (2) of 204,029 as of May 31, 2014, an increase of 11,424 accounts, or 6% from April 2014, and an increase of 6,523 accounts, or 3% from May 2013. May 2014 includes the addition of 8,976 accounts acquired from FXDirectDealer LLC.
May 2014 Institutional Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $185 billion in May 2014, no change from April 2014 and 3% lower than May 2013.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $8.4 billion in May 2014, no change from April 2014 and 1% higher than May 2013.
- An average of 55,365 institutional client trades per day in May 2014, 29% higher than April 2014 and 41% higher than May 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV