(NYSE:FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for May 2014 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
Monthly activities included:
May 2014 Retail Trading Metrics
May 2014 Institutional Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $263 billion in May 2014, 5% higher than April 2014 and 33% lower than May 2013.
- Average retail customer trading volume (1) per day of $12.0 billion in May 2014, 5% higher than April 2014 and 29% lower than May 2013.
- An average of 345,324 retail client trades per day in May 2014, 2% lower than April 2014 and 31% lower than May 2013.
- Tradable accounts (2) of 204,029 as of May 31, 2014, an increase of 11,424 accounts, or 6% from April 2014, and an increase of 6,523 accounts, or 3% from May 2013. May 2014 includes the addition of 8,976 accounts acquired from FXDirectDealer LLC.
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $185 billion in May 2014, no change from April 2014 and 3% lower than May 2013.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $8.4 billion in May 2014, no change from April 2014 and 1% higher than May 2013.
- An average of 55,365 institutional client trades per day in May 2014, 29% higher than April 2014 and 41% higher than May 2013.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the investor relations page of the Company's corporate web site,
This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of FXCM Inc. FXCM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data. Any updates to previously reported operating data will be reflected in the historical operating data that can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company's corporate web site,
Volume that FXCM customers traded in period translated into US dollars.
An account that has sufficient funds to place a trade in accordance with FXCM trading policies.
Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
In addition to historical information, this release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, which reflect FXCM Inc.'s current views with respect to, among other things, its operations and financial performance for the future. You can identify these forward-looking statements by the use of words such as "outlook," "believes," "expects," "potential," "continues," "may," "will," "should," "seeks," "approximately," "predicts," "intends," "plans," "estimates," "anticipates" or the negative version of these words or other comparable words. Such forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties. Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause actual outcomes or results to differ materially from those indicated in these statements. FXCM Inc. believes these factors include but are not limited to evolving legal and regulatory requirements of the FX industry, the limited operating history of the FX industry, risks related to the protection of its proprietary technology, risks related to its dependence on FX market makers, market conditions and those other risks described under "Risk Factors" in FXCM Inc.'s Annual Report on Form 10-K and other SEC filings, which are accessible on the SEC website at
These factors should not be construed as exhaustive and should be read in conjunction with the other cautionary statements that are included in this presentation and in our SEC filings. FXCM Inc. undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.