SALT LAKE CITY, June 9, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq:MYGN) announced today that James Evans, chief financial officer of Myriad, has notified the Company of his intent to retire in order to attend to family health issues. To ensure a smooth transition, Evans will continue as the Company's CFO until a replacement can be found. Myriad will engage a leading executive search firm to conduct a national search and will consider both internal and external candidates for the position.
"Jim and I have worked closely together for nineteen years, and he has been a valued member of the Myriad leadership team. Jim has made outstanding contributions during a period of significant growth and transformation for our company," said Peter D. Meldrum, president and CEO of Myriad. "Jim leaves Myriad a stronger company that is well positioned to deliver value to our shareholders long term. He will be missed, and we wish him and his family the very best."
"Working at Myriad has been a wonderful experience. I have had the privilege of seeing history in the making as Myriad discovered the first major genes for a common disease and launched its life-saving test BRAC Analysis. Along the way, I worked with truly outstanding colleagues," said Evans. "I leave Myriad with fond memories, and knowing that the Company is positioned for exceptional growth as its best years still lay ahead."Evans joined Myriad in 1995 as corporate controller and was promoted to vice president of Finance in July of 2005. In November of 2007, he was named chief financial officer, a position he has held for the last seven years. He played a major role in driving the execution of Myriad's acquisitions of Rules Based Medicine and Crescendo Biosciences, its international expansion and in designing the Company's capital structure to enhance shareholder returns, including Myriad's share repurchase program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV