3 Stocks Pushing The Real Estate Industry Lower
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.The Real Estate industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1% versus the S&P 500, which was unchanged. Laggards within the Real Estate industry included Vestin Realty Mortgage II (VRTB), down 2.1%, China HGS Real Estate (HGSH), down 2.8%, Gyrodyne Company of America (GYRO), down 1.9%, Maui Land & Pineapple (MLP), down 2.5% and Getty Realty (GTY), down 1.7%.TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today:Getty Realty (GTY) is one of the companies that pushed the Real Estate industry lower today. Getty Realty was down $0.34 (1.7%) to $19.83 on light volume. Throughout the day, 32,817 shares of Getty Realty exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 65,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.82-$20.22 after having opened the day at $20.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.17. Getty Realty Corp. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. The company engages in the ownership and leasing of retail motor fuel and convenience store properties, and petroleum distribution terminals. Getty Realty has a market cap of $673.3 million and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 9.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Getty Realty a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreet Ratings rates Getty Realty as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on GTY go as follows:
- GETTY REALTY CORP has improved earnings per share by 43.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, GETTY REALTY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.81 versus $0.40 in the prior year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 42.14% is the gross profit margin for GETTY REALTY CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 39.30% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $7.97 million or 20.74% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, GETTY REALTY CORP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 29.99%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV