3 Stocks Pushing The Industrial Industry Lower
- Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, MAGNETEK INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- MAG has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, MAG has a quick ratio of 2.29, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- MAGNETEK INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MAGNETEK INC reported lower earnings of $1.12 versus $2.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.39 versus $1.12).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 6.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MAGNETEK INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.65%. Regardless of MAG's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.37% trails the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts