3 Consumer Non-Durables Stocks Pushing Industry Growth
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 78.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $5.49 million to $1.17 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $2.76 million or 73.13% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- 45.59% is the gross profit margin for XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of XRM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.87% trails the industry average.
- XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.25 versus -$1.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.57 versus $0.25).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.