NEW YORK, June 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- American Express (NYSE: AXP) today announces a new partnership with Uber and a first-of-its-kind technology integration into the Uber iOS app that allows U.S. Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards program to choose to earn 2x points or use points for Uber rides. This is the first time that consumers can use loyalty reward points seamlessly in-app and in real time for on-demand transportation in this way.
Once a Card Member with an eligible Card on file with Uber downloads the latest version of the Uber iOS app, they will see a prompt to enroll their Card in the program – in just one tap. Once enrolled, eligible Card Members have a new in-app option to toggle between "Earn 2x Points" or "Use Points" for Uber rides. Card Members who choose to "Earn 2x Points" or "Use Points" will receive an on-screen ride summary and email receipt from Uber showing that 2x Membership Rewards points were earned or that points were redeemed.
"Our Membership Rewards program is known for delivering world-class value and we're focused on bringing it to life in innovative, relevant ways for our Card Members," said Leslie Berland, senior vice president, Digital Partnerships and Development at American Express. "Through this new, slick and powerful integration with Uber, one of the most forward-looking, mobile-based services in the industry, we are leveraging our unique technology to add a real-time benefit where we know our Card Members want it."
"Uber is at the forefront of evolving the way the world moves, and this integration with American Express – a company known for superior service and loyalty programs – helps make travel easier, more seamless and more rewarding for Uber users," said Emil Michael, senior vice president, business at Uber. "This first-of-its-kind platform is the most recent way we are delivering more value more seamlessly to our customers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV