NEW YORK, June 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL), the global children's publishing, education and media company, has been recognized with 26 REVERE and Beacon Awards for its classroom magazines, educational programs and professional development resources from the Association of American Publishers (AAP). AAP's annual awards recognize the year's gold standard learning resources and are acknowledged by educators, administrators, and parents nationwide as a seal of excellence in the education industry.
Scholastic received a Golden Lamp Award, the educational resource industry's top honor, for iRead ™, a digital program for grades K-2 that ensures mastery of foundational reading skills for students of all backgrounds and reading levels. In addition, Scholastic won the Innovation Award for MATH 180™, the groundbreaking blended learning solution that accelerates students to algebra, as well as three Beacon awards and 21 Distinguish Achievement Awards in categories ranging from Whole Publication Design to Supplemental Resources – 19 of these going to Scholastic's Classroom Magazines.
"For over 93 years, all of us at Scholastic have made it our mission to create deeply engaging educational materials and programs that support learning for both educators and students," said Hugh Roome, President, Scholastic Consumer and Professional Publishing. "We are thrilled to be recognized by AAP for our rich content, innovative and effective use of technology, and creative design and marketing, especially at a time when students and educators need truly original digital and print resources to meet new, higher educational standards. We believe that these attributes are the reason there are now more than 13 million subscribers to our educational magazines."
GOLDEN LAMP AWARD WINNER Supplemental Resource: Scholastic iReadINNOVATION AWARD WINNER MATH 180 BEACON WINNERS Gold Beacon Winner: Scholastic Comprehension Clubs Integrated Materials Campaign: Scholastic Comprehension Clubs Marketing Website : www.Scholastic.com/iRead REVERE WINNERS: DISTINGUISHED ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS Whole Curriculum Programs: MATH 180 Supplemental Resources: Additional Areas of Study: Independent Reading Assessment: Nonfiction Science, Health, and the Environment: Science World® Periodicals: Article Design:
- "Fish Heads for Lunch?" Junior Scholastic® (Grades 6-8)
- "Robot Zoo" Scholastic SuperScience® (Grades 3-6)
- "Catching the Tiger Killers" Scholastic Action® (Grades 6-12)
- "Get Busy With Some Great Books" Scholastic StoryWorks® (Grades 3-6)
- "Inside the Ice" Scholastic News® Edition 2 (Grade 2)
- "Tougher Than the Taliban" New York Times Upfront® (Grades 9-12)
- "Slimed!" Scholastic Science Spin® (Grades 3-6)
- "News+Notes" Scholastic ART® (Grades 7-12)
- "Cool Science Jobs" SuperScience (Grades 3-6)
- "Funny Business" Junior Scholastic (Grades 6-8)
- "The Magical World of Isaac" Scholastic StoryWorks (Grades 3-6)
- "Keeping Up with Bear Cubs" Scholastic News Edition 2 (Grade 2)
- "Sisters in Arms" The New York Times Upfront (Grades 9-12)
- "Boston Bombing Coverage" Scholastic News Online (Grades 3-6)
- "The Hunt for the Giant Squid" Scholastic News Edition 2 (Grade 2)
- "Portrait Art Today: Spotlight on Kehinde Wiley" Scholastic ART (Grades 7-12)
- " Earth Day" Scholastic DynaMath® (Grades 3-6)
- " Earth Day Power!" Scholastic News Edition 2 (Grade 2)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts