TORRANCE, Calif., June 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- On average, Americans drove away in a new Camry every minute in the month of May. Nearly 50,000 owners placed their trust in Camry's safety, reliability and long-term value.
"There's a reason Americans choose Camry, and it shows in sales month after month," said Bob Carter, vice president of automotive operations for Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. "It's America's best-selling car, but more important is the one Camry in the customer's driveway. The one Camry that gets you and your family to work, school, vacation, the Camry that works in a business enterprise, the one Camry you trust to be reliable and help keep your family safe."
Recently, Camry's quality was affirmed by top honors in the JD Power and Associates IQS and VDS studies. It was also awarded a 5-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, was placed on the "Best Midsize Car for the Money" list by US News and World Report and "Most Popular" list by Edmunds.
Of the 10.3 million Camrys sold in the U.S. in the last 31 years, more than 6.7 million are still on the road. Today, every Camry sold in North America comes from plants in Indiana and Kentucky, manufactured by more than 7,000 skilled U.S. workers who take pride in every Camry that rolls off the line.Camry May sales of 49,584 units were up over 26 percent, topping its segment by almost 10,000 units. To put it into perspective, Camry has exceeded monthly sales of 50,000 units only four other times in its history. America's best-selling car will get even better, as the redesigned 2015 Camry comes to market later this year aimed at satisfying thousands, one customer at a time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV