NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says he has not liked Dendreon (DNDN) but it may not be dead in the water because of Merck's (MRK) acquisition of Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX) and because of what's happening with MannKind (MNKD).
This acquisition activity has forced Cramer to reopen the books on Dendreon, and he is keeping an eye on it before he makes a judgment.
Cramer also says software-as-a-service stocks are still under pressure and they could still play catch up, but the major problem is investors want earnings per share in the end. Cramer notes Salesforce.com (CRM) happens to be cheaper than its peers and he likes the company a great deal, but he would not buy it until the price comes down more.
"We rate SALESFORCE.COM INC (CRM) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and generally higher debt management risk." Finally, Cramer says Yelp (YELP) is dominating the local search market. He has a dream of combining OpenTable (OPEN), GrubHub (GRUB) and Yelp to make a killer, one-button application for mobile devices, but Yelp has said it thinks it can be all that on its own. Cramer says Yelp is an expensive stock like Salesforce.com and investors must take a very long-term view on it or else they will not make money. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV