5 Steps Toward Getting Your Small-Business Loan
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Banks are starting to loosen the spigots and lend to small businesses again.
Perhaps it's a sign of an emerging economy or a response to the growth of crowdfunding, which presents a direct threat to banks, with $1 billion raised by just a single crowdfunding firm, Kickstarter.com.)
Whatever the reason, the U.S. Small Business Administration says small-business lending is increasingly robust.
"Borrowing conditions for small businesses have been gradually improving," the SBA says in a recent report. "Commercial banks have eased their lending conditions and terms, though it's still relatively tight compared to pre-recession conditions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV