BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- So much for the "summer doldrums." Stocks are heating up alongside the temperatures in June.
Typically, summertime is the stretch that's most boring for stocks; with investors and traders on vacations, trading volume typically dries up and price action gets dull during the summer months.
But with a dearth of performance heading into June, fund managers are a lot more likely this year to postpone their trips to the Hamptons if it means tacking a few extra points onto their track records year-to-date. In the last two weeks and change, the S&P 500 is up more than 4% -- and the momentum-heavy Nasdaq Composite is up more than 6% over the same stretch.So as trading gets interesting again this summer, we're making the most of it with a new set of Rocket Stock names worth buying this week. >>5 Big Stock Trades to Buy in June For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 252 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 77.88%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV